Monday, June 4, 2007

Book Review - Bridge to Terabithia

I've read almost all the Newbery Award winning books except this one. I always thought it was about two friends. One of the friends dies and the other one is left to deal with her death. Well, then I saw the movie trailer of an imaginary land with monsters; and it looked like a lot of fun... So I picked this book up from the library... and it's about two friends. One of the friends dies and the other one is left to deal with her death. {sigh} Actually it is a good book, sweet in spots, about a boy and girl growing up in a small town, and the friendship that blooms between them. Leslie shares the magic of life with Jess, and in the end Jess learns to share the magic of life with others.
It made me cry... it made my 14yrs son cry... it'll make you cry...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Joni! I'm almost positive that I own this book but never read it. One of those things where I bought it through the book order back in my school days or at the book fair. You've made me wanna drag it out & read it. I'm due for a good cry!

    ReplyDelete