Thursday, October 1, 2009

Friday-5

Happy Friday! YAHOO!!! I'm in the mood for a great weekend! No plans other than the normal soccer stuff. We are in home improvement mode! We spent most of last weekend cleaning up Chris's room. We rearranged the furniture and cleaned out all the "kid stuff." {sniff} My little guy is getting so BIG!

Our other project this week is that we are finally having the house PAINTED! Here is the before photo.
And here is the after... we went from one shade of gray to three colors: white, sandstone, and baked potato. I like it. A couple ladies on the street emailed me while I was at work to tell me how the painting was progressing. They like it too!

Here's Kayle... you can see how she was helping the painters. She's still wearing her streak of sandstone. LOL!


Twenty six miles across the sea...
Santa Catalina is a-waiting for me...

We are going to do it! The Catalina Island Buffalo Run! I put our reservations in this week. Chris is running the half-marathon, and Cheryl and I are running the 5K.
Why do they call it the Buffalo Run? Because there are bison on Catalina. In 1924, 14 buffalo were turned loose on Catalina island for use in filming the motion picture, "The Vanishing American." The herd is still there. I've seen them in person when we sailed to Two Harbors (years ago). The bison came right into town!

That's it for this week... I hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Your house look amazing, I love the change!! And how FUN on the Buffalo run!! I did it twice (before I had kids, seems like so long ago!!). I've done the 5K and the 10K. I don't even know if they offer the 10K anymore. BUT it's an amazing run, so much fun on Catalina.

    Have a fantastic weekend Joni!!! So glad you are over at CMD...are you going for the design team? You totally should!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the Run! Sounds like it will be a good one for you. LOVE your house! The colors you chose are GREAT! Have a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors on the new house. I have missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new house color Joni.. on the house.. and on your doggy! ;) that was so funny!!
    Good luck on the run!!!

    ReplyDelete