Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Twenty





My baby is 20 today. Two-zero. 4 times 5. One-fifth of 100. No more teenagers at our house. Part of me wants to say, "How did this happen?" even though I know exactly how it happened: this is what life does, it just keeps moving forward.







He won't always sleep across the hall from me. He won't always need me to wash and fold his clothes, make him egg-over-rice for breakfast and buy him Cinnamon Toast Crunch at the market. And he won't always need or want my opinions and advice.

Happy birthday, Christopher James. Part of me misses my little boy Boo, and part of me is very proud of the man you are becoming.

I love you more than chocolate (even though I did insist on chocolate cake for today).

Love, Mom.

2 comments:

  1. What a nice post. Happy Birthday Chris!!! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni this was so SWEET!! Happy HAPPY 20th Birthday to Chris!!! (yum... choc. cake sounds GOOD to me!)
    Hope your day is GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete