Sunday, March 7, 2010

Book of Me - C & D

Here are my two February pages, C & D, only a little bit late. I kept telling myself to get going on it, but then the laptop smoked. While we were waiting for Dell to send our replacement laptop, Chris was using the desktop. The new laptop is here now and it's a Dell Studio (top of the line). Our other laptop was a Latitude. The Studio is really nice, and the screen is bigger too!

It feels good to be caught up. Here are my new pages... C and D!

Cheryl
When I was in elementary school the girl named Cheryl had the longest hair. I wanted my name to be Cheryl so I could have long hair too (I was sporting a pixie cut). That's where Cheryl got her name. Cheryl is 20yrs now; a wonderful young woman with a beautiful smile that can light up a whole room (or a soccer field). She's friendly, well liked, has a great way with kids, and has a plan for her life (which doesn't include boys yet). I for one, absolutely adore the person that she is.
Chris
How about that! Both my kids’ names start with “C”. That was totally unplanned. Jim picked the name Christopher (meaning Christ like). Chris is a good all-around person. He's affectionate, sensitive, and loyal. Favorite past times include: chatting online with his manga friends, designing siggies, and racing. What I love best about him is his focus and a single-minded determination when it comes to getting things done. Right now that only applies to things he wants to do, but I know it will turn into a well-rounded life skill. I love him now and the man he is becoming.

Drawing
I almost got good at it at one point. But that was BK (Before Kids).
Drive-ins
I remember movies at the Highway 39 Drive-in. Dad would drive us in the station wagon with Randy and me camped out in the back with lots of blankets. We'd hook the speaker up to the driver side window and watch. At intermission, we might walk to the concession stand in the middle of the lot for popcorn. Some time later, Randy and I would fall asleep and not wake up until we were home.
Ducks
Along with the drive-in, another of my fond childhood memories is feeding the ducks at Knott’s Berry Farm. At Knott’s, where there is now a parking lot, was Jungle Island surrounded by a lake. Next to the lake, stood a merry-go-round. It was the best merry-go-round in the world! It didn’t have just horses, but all kinds of animals! I loved the lion! We used go often in the evenings to feed the ducks, ride the merry-go-round, and throw a coin in the wishing well.

5 comments:

  1. Great work on your album. I did one of these albums a few years ago and it is still one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your journaling! What great memories. Yes, you were getting good at drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two more pages, I love it Joni. You are inspiring me to make one for myself, this is such a great idea. Can't wait to see the next letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joni I LOVE seeing your ABC book! It is fun to get to know more about you!!! Cant wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete