One of my favorite restaurants is Zinc Market and Cafe in Laguna Beach. And one of my favorite dishes there is the Balsamic Roasted Vegetables. I looked at some Balsamic Roasted Vegetable recipes online and none of them looked like the dish at Zinc. Then Cheryl got this month's In-Style magazine and there it was! It used all brussel sprouts, but I thought I could change it up to be like Zinc's.
Here it is:
Balsamic Roasted Veggies:
1. Pre-heat oven to 475F.
2. Cut up vegetables in chunks... I used (as per Zinc) ~20 brussel sprouts cut in half, 1 yam, 2 baby beets, 1 butternut squash, 1 zucchini, 6 garlic cut in half.
3. Toss yams and butternut squash with olive oil. Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
4. Put in oven on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
5. Toss everything else with olive oil. Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
6. Turn oven down to 400F. Add new veggies to the yams/squash and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and toss with a generous tablespoon of balsamic vinegar glaze. I got mine from Trader Joe's.
My daughter doesn;t like squash, zucchini and yams, but she likes this. My husband doesn't like beets, but he likes this. My son likes everything and likes this... I hope you like it too.