Monday, February 20, 2012

Good President's Morning!

It's kit club day! The brains behind the group is Beth. Every month the members take turn putting together a little kit for the other members to play with each month. We create a project using at least two of the items and share on our blogs. This month it was Mara's turn to send the kit. I know Mara from a scrapping MB that we were on together a long time ago. That site isn't in business anymore, but we still managed to keep in touch through our blogs and our love of running. We almost met once at the Surf City Half-Marathon in Huntington Beach. We must have been within 50 yards of each other, but there were thousands and thousands of people between us, lol!

Here is the February kit from Mara. Look at all the BRIGHT colors! This is sure to cheer up the ladies in snow country...

I had only one card planned, but my plan kept growing and growing. Here is all I had left when I finished playing with all the goodies!

And here is what I created with the kit:

This first card is the one that popped into my mind when I saw the kit. I needed to use all the beautiful colors to create a bright and colorful card. The stamped tree is from Unity.

Mara included some adorable stamped images from PSA Essentials. I knew that I wanted to create a card using one of them as a focal point.

Mara also sent some die cut tags. I'm a BIG fan of tags and happily proceeded to add another one of those cute PSA stamps to a gift tag. The stamp on this one is from PTI.

Now some mixed media madness! LOL! All those bright colors went together so well that I created a paint blend background with all the brightest papers and paint. I used the cute buttons, brads, and bling that Mara sent as the center of the flowers. The sentiment on this one is another stamp from Unity.

BUT I'm not DONE! Mara introduced me to baker's twine, and she sent three colors of the twine in the kit. I've also developed a love of baker's twine. I may never go back to ribbon! Here is a card I made for a challenge at Scrappin' Mojo. I used the baker's twine for the kit to wrap around the bottom of the card. It adds a perfect touch!

Lastly, here is another challenge card from Scrappin' Mojo that I made this weekend. Mara sent a lot of bling with her kit that I used on the center of all these little flowers. It's the perfect sparkly touch to an otherwise dreary looking card.

That's it for this month's kit... I think... I do have one more stamped image left. I'm saving it and the rest of the goodies for a rainy day (hmmm.. from the looks of those clouds that might be today, hahaha).

If you'd like to see what the rest of the group did with the kit, head on over to their blogs. Be sure to tell them I sent you ;oD

Mara
Mary
Beth

Have a GREAT holiday Monday, everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. Your group looks so fun. You received a wonderful kit, and really made good use of all the stuff. I really like that first card you made with the multi colored tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JONI!!! Girlfriend you ROCK the kits every month!! YEAH!!!! I got 2 this month and plan on more! :) Your goodies are FABULOUS!! LOVE them all!!
    THANKS for playing along!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! WOW!!! You got a lot of out that kit! I will go take my pictures now so people don't get lost when they hit my poor blog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked my socks off Joni!!! Where do I begin? I love the tree card, did you paper piece all those leaves? I also love the two tags you made, that first one is such a cool shape. And I love how you colored in the girls. I am allergic to coloring (well, just don't have the confidence) so mine stayed black and white.

    Thanks for taking my kit and making some amazing projects!! I still hold hope that one day we will run together in a race! Or at least meet up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, I forgot to say that I love how you staged all your projects. They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete