Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Good Day for a Run

Cheryl has been working hard training for her 50K race coming up in October. We have been running in some beautiful places. Today we ran from the top of Peak Park in Newport Beach to Crystal Cove in Laguna Beach. I'm still on my bike, but my foot is getting better. Thanks for the strap, Dad! It's really helping!



The weekend before she ran at Malibu State Park for 17 miles. Look at the size of Cheryl's Water Pack compared to everyone else's. I didn't go on that run (it was too rough for a bike) so she had to carry her own water... It was HEAVY!! But she said that she was the only one that didn't run out of water "oD



The weekend before that she ran 18 miles in Dove Canyon. I was along for that one. That's when we learned how much water is needed for these long runs. I was carrying 72 oz of water for the two of us and we ran out.







Well, that's it. I hope to be running again in a couple of weeks!



2 comments:

  1. Cheryl is doing GREAT! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH Cheryl!!! I am so HAPPY to hear your feeling better and gonna be able run soon Joni! I know how much you have missed it!! LOVED all your pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete