Monday, January 24, 2011

Ring Bling

The first semester of school is almost over... finals are next week! Chris has been making some WONDERFUL rings in his jewelry class. He was filmed during jewelry for the school's 360 video. You can see it here: Capo 360. Also, watch for him in the opening scene. The cross country team was recruited to stand in line.

Here are some of the projects he was working on in jewelry. The ring on the left is rolled with a scarf, the next one is hammered, and the last one (my favorite) is double layered with cut-outs. Here's a close-up:

This one is very cool with a wavy edge. Chris's rings are all size 9.5 made out of nickle and brass. His final project is in sterling silver. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That last one is my favorite too! He really has a special talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni I LOVE all the rings!! I HOPE our school has a jewelry making class.. BOTH kids are taking it.. Mama said so! LOL!! He really does BEAUTIFUL work.. can I say I KNEW him when! :)

    ReplyDelete