Monday, January 3, 2011

Healthy New Year!

I never make New Year's Resolutions, but this year I'm going to do it! My resolution is to eat healthier this year and to make sure my family eats healthier too. I've never been worried about what I eat... after-all One of the main benefits of running is to eat whatever I want! The problem is that not everyone in my family runs...

Cheryl got me this GREAT cookbook Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World by Lisa Lillien.I'm going to try and make at least one recipe a week from this book and share with you all here. I can't post the recipes, but I'll post the page number for those with the book who want to follow along.

The first recipe we tried is something familiar: Southwestern Suprise on page 65.

This is very similar to the tortilla soup that I posted HERE, but with only 168 calories per serving. There is even enough left over for Cheryl to have for lunch for most of the week!

Sadly the Hungery Girl cookbook is very lacking in photos, so here is a photo of what ours looks like. My family gives this recipe 4.5 STARS! We would definitely make this again!

On another subject here is my niece and Jena again. Jena LOVES cuddling with my niece. Aren't they cute together?


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your New Year's Resolution! I am sure you will have better luck sticking to it then I do when I make them. Love the picture of Hana and Jena! Jena looks so peaceful and cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that part of my resolution too... and LOVE the review on the cookbook that always helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE her books!! I have 2 of them! (now why cant we post the recipes?) I saw she is having a show on the food channel (or network) starting next week! I cant WAIT!
    LOVE the photos of your niece and Jena!

    ReplyDelete