Here we are, on our way home!
Aloha Kauai! See you in a couple years!
Ahhhh.... No more roosters at 3am! LOL!
I've had a request for David's famous "seven things to do on Oahu" list. Here it is in it's entirety:
Hi Auntie Joni,
Here's seven things that I would recommend that you do while you are on Oahu.
1. Pearl Harbor
2. North Shore- this is kind of a long drive; if you go here, be sure to stop at Matsumoto’s shave ice - it’s one of the landmarks of the North Shore along with the beaches
3. Hanauma Bay - go snorkeling here, one of the biggest tourist spots
4. Diamond Head Hike - Not too hard, but not exactly a breeze. Gives you a great view of Honolulu when you reach the top. Like I said before, use the bathroom before you go haha
5. Tantlus Lookout - try to go here on a clear day, be sure to bring lunch, there’s a beautiful picnic area right before the lookout, you should drive right by it on your way to the lookout; Visiting this lookout shouldn’t take too long unless you get lost, but if you get the right directions, its not hard to find the place, plus the drive up the mountain is beautiful
6. Nu’uanu Pali Lookout - what makes this lookout fun is it is always VERY, VERY windy, plus it overlooks the other side of the island (which is MUCH more beautiful that the side you will staying on btw)
7. Ala Moana Shopping Center - if Cheryl wants to go shopping, this would be one of the best places to go, along with Kalakaua Avenue (which is right off Waikiki)
Hope your Oahu trip goes well.
P.S. David's Dad recommends the Polonysian Cultural Center in addition to David's list for new tourists to Hawaii (complete with luau). We definitely aren't considered new tourists and avoid luaus whenever possible, LOL!