Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We're home from Hawaii!!!

We got home late last night.
Today was spent doing laundry, the yard work, and going to the market. That's before I got hit by the yuckies. My hubby and the kids are at the theater seeing Wall-e, and I'm at home throwing up. YUCK! At least it waited until I got home.

For those on Kauai, Jim's hand is feeling better. For those not on Kauai, I'll go into the details on that later. I have over 800 photos of our trip, and almost 2 hours of video. The easiest way for me to share is to go through it day by day. Since I had comments about there not being any photos of me during our last vacation, I made an effort to hand off the camera during this vacation :o)

So pretend it's 4:30am on the 4th of July, and we are on our way to Oahu, LOL!

We arrived at Waikiki at 1pm... unfortunately our room wasn't going to be ready until 3pm. We tried walking out by the beach, but there was a big 4th of July canoe regatta going on right outside our hotel (we were staying at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach). There were so may people there, it was hard to find a place to walk.

But, the weather was beautiful and it was great just being on the beach. The International Marketplace was right across the street from the hotel. They have lots and lots of little booths there that sell trinkets. They also have a great food court with live music entertainment. We had dinner there several nights while we were in Oahu.

That night they shot off fireworks from Magic Island. We watched the fireworks, sitting on the sand in a warm drizzle... the perfect night!

Are we looking a little tired? With the three hour time difference, it's past midnight at home, hehehe!

I'll share more tomorrow!


Mary said...

Looks like it got off to a GREAT start! Love seeing you in the photos too! hehehe

Mara... said...

Yeah! Photos!! Looks like the start of a good trip. I HOPE you are feeling better now, Joni. It's no fun being sick. Can't wait to the next installment!!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

that's where we stayed when we went...