Wednesday, February 4, 2009

OC Half-Marathon

Yeah, I said Surf City was going to be my last half-marathon. But, Chris is so into it! He really really wants to run another one, and if he's going to run it, I might as well too.

I almost signed us up for the Avenue of the Giants Half-Marathon (in Northern California), Jim said it was okay and that we'd make it a mini-vacation. But with all the kids sports, it's not a good time to take a mini-vacation.

I'm actually looking forward to the OC Half-Marathon. It starts in Fashion Island and ends at the Orange County Fair Grounds. The route goes through Corona Del Mar and Newport Back Bay. It should be a very pretty run, and our first one way race (a welcome relief after the monotony of Surf City, LOL!).

The race is on May 3, so plenty of time to train for this one... maybe I can break 2 hours! Hahaha... wishful thinking...

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Sounds like you are into the half marathons too! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO JONI!! GO JONI!! Good for you!!
    We are gonna WALK! :) the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon in Seattle in June.. I need to get walking.. I have done 9 miles.. BUT not 13 before! :)
    Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Joni. I am definitely IN! I'm signing up for this one. I would love to break 2 hours as well. We can do it!! :-)

    Yes, it poured rain yesterday and today...and more to come tomorrow! Stay dry this weekend!

    ReplyDelete