Thursday, November 12, 2009

Friday-5: Good-bye Kayle...

Tonight, Kayle was outside when she yelped and started to whimper. She couldn't lay down and her stomach was bloated. We took her right away to Animal Urgent Care. They did x-rays and told us that her stomach detached from the wall of her abdomen and twisted... because of her age (she's 16yrs), they recommended that we have her put down. Poor Kayle is gone in doggie heaven...

It's Milkbone time! Every morning at 7am! How in the world can a dog tell time? I don't know, but she definitely knew when it was 7am!

Her luxury in life... sleeping wrapped in a blanket on a cold night!

She loved to go for car rides! Anytime she hears car keys, she's running for the door! ... AND yep, that's Chris. You can imagine how long she's been in our family.

She had a very non-dog-like personality. Instead of being eager to please and starved for attention. Queen Kayle has her own mind. She's stubborn and gets moody when she doesn't get her way. She may grace us with her presence when we call, or maybe not (depends if she's feeling gracious). But she was a GOOD dog and she was so darn CUTE!

Kayle's greatest joy in life was licking the dregs at the bottom of an ice cream cup!

Good-bye, Kayle. We LOVE you, and we'll MISS you!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. Kayle sure was a beautiful dog and I know she will be missed terribly. {hugs} to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry I know how hard this is. I am so very glad you have some awesome photos though. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry, joni for your loss! i know the feeling oh too well, with losing simba right before a was born last year and then having to put his "brother", jordan, down earlier this year. k & g tell me all the time how much they miss the kitties. it's so hard. we do talk about all their craziness though and that helps. love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh JOni, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like she and you had a wonderful life together!! Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am so sorry for your loss. Reading your post brings tears to my eyes, so I can only imagine how you feel. Pets really do become part of the family. Big HUGS to you and your family. Always remember that she could not have had a better life then the life she had with your family. She was a very blessed and happy dog which made her life wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joni I am so SORRY for your sweet families loss... I loved the photos you shared..
    Sending you BIG CYBER HUGS my friend!

    ReplyDelete