Friday, December 16, 2011

She Art - Christmas Carol Angel

We went to see the play "The Christmas Carol" at the South Coast Repertory a few weeks ago, and even before we left for the play, I had this project in mind. Here she is:

The white night gown and top hat were taken from Scrooge himself. Snow is blowing in the Christmas Eve night. I broke from the typical She Art tradition and didn't start the quote with "SHE." I used my favorite quote from the book. "I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year."

I like how the girl came out, but the background... YIKES! What a mess! I wanted to make it black, because it's night. But, I didn't like it black. It was too dark. I tried to add white and colors to lighten it up, but ended up with a mess. I'm glad the girl covered up most of it... In hindsight, what I should have done was covered the background in cream instead of dark brown; and not been so afraid to cover up the play paraphernalia, keeping only what mattered most, the play ticket. Then I could add colors and have it not be so messy looking!

Here's the ticket from the play in a place of honor.

Here is another close-up of the background... I stenciled the snowflakes with modeling paste. It adds some fun dimention! I don't know why I used blue instead of green. I guess I thought it might lighten it up more.

New Flash! Our house is decorated for Christmas! I'll post some photos later. Now it's time for the annual Bunco Christmas party! Good Night All!

2 comments:

  1. The top hat is PERFECT!!! I also love the modeling paste snowflake! I may have to buy some of that. As for the background, I like it. I honestly think she is beautiful! You did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joni I LOVE her!!! I just LOVE all your BEAUTIFUL creations! I THINK Amanda and I need to give them a try in 2012!

    ReplyDelete