Friday, May 30, 2008

Threading Water Border Punch

You know how scalloped borders are the height of scrapping style? You can purchase scalloped border sheet paper, scalloped border strips in different colors, cut your own (completely undesirable), or punch it by hand with a corner punch.

BUT what if you could make pretty scalloped borders quickly and easily. This little tool is taking the scrapping world by storm. I got mine from Michael's yesterday. The young man at the counter, stopped and looked at the punch I was buying. He said that he sold 4 within the last 4 hours, and he wanted to see what it was.



This will give you an idea about the size. It's very easy to use... just line up the edge and punch. After you punched it once, slide the paper over and line up the punched pattern to the silhouette on the punch base, and keep punching.



Here's a cute idea that I heard about from an MB. If you cut a paper strip 7/8" wide, punch one side, then punch the other, you get a cute circle border.







I used it right away for the border on this layout. I had some trouble getting the corners to line up nice, so I had to cover the corners with die-cut circles. I'm sure with trial and error, I'll get the corner measurement correct.



And best of all this little tool cost me $8.11 at Micheal's using my 50% off coupon. I just love a deal!

4 comments:

  1. JONI! I LOVE the tutorial! TO FUN! I gotta try that!!! :) LOVE the layout! What BEAUTIFUL photos!!
    and you KNOW I love your beach photos! I NEED that sunshine! LOL!!
    Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this punch and I am not into punches. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it... at full price even!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tutorial, Joni!!! I'm going to try the circle strip for sure. And thanks for the photoshop tips, I'm going to check out the free trial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout! You did a great job with the punch! It looks like a lot of fun to use!

    ReplyDelete