Thursday, September 3, 2009

Friday-5

Welcome September! Wow, this year is flying by! Checkout the ticker at the top of the screen. I've almost made it all the way to Woodsfield, Ohio!... and it's only taken me 9 months longer than I thought it would. Slow and steady wins the race... not that I've ever won a race... Mary, watch for me! I'll be there in only a couple more weeks, hehehe...

This week I started a new digital class called "Me: The Abridged Version." As part of the class I took the VIA Survey of Character Strengths from University of Pennsylvania's, Authentic Happiness website. Here are my top-5 character strengths:

Industry, diligence, and perseverance
You work hard to finish what you start. No matter the project, you "get it out the door" in timely fashion.

Judgment, critical thinking, and open-mindedness
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are.

Curiosity and interest in the world
You are curious about everything. You like exploration and discovery.

Self-control and self-regulation
You self-consciously regulate what you feel and what you do. You are a disciplined person.

Honesty, authenticity, and genuineness
You are an honest person, not only by speaking the truth but by living your life in a genuine and authentic way.

Cheryl said that if she saw these character traits on a bio at eHarmony, she'd give that person a pass. Well... even to me I sound boring. Maybe I am boring?! I think I'll have to work on that!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo!!! You are almost here! I will fix you a glass of tea when you arrive. You may think that those traits are boring, but some of them are the things I like most about you. I respect that you finish what you start even if it takes a lot longer then you expected. You are good at showing me the other side of a view point even if you don't always realize it. You are an honest person which is a quality I highly value in a person. These are all things that really like about you and are why I picked you for my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey after you finish visiting Mary.. turn right around and RUN to me! LOL!! I liked your 5 traits too! So dont go changing to much... ;)
    The stars were a new cuttle bug folder.. I THINK they just came out! I had to have it .. I ordered it online... if you want to know where just let m know I will share the link... (I would now.. but I forgot which store! HA HA!!)

    ReplyDelete